The Health & Safety Excellence program can help you improve health and safety in your workplace whether you’re just getting started, or want to build on what you already have in place. The program is voluntary, flexible and comes with invaluable incentives.
Program features include:
- Year-round enrollment – join at the time that is best suited to your business!
- Companies have access to 36 topics to choose from ranging over a variety of areas – select what fits your goals and priorities
- Employers can chose to work on 1 to 5 health and safety topics in a 12 month period
- Financial rebates are based on your individual performance and issued quarterly
- Alignment with Certificate of Recognition (COR)
- Individual support available
Why Should Your Company Participate?
- Earn INDIVIDUAL account rebates and reduce injuries in the workplace
- Are you a small business (1-99 full-time employees)? You can earn double the rebates on your annual WSIB premiums, PLUS $1,000 towards your health & safety plan until December 2023
- FINANCIAL INCENTIVE – Minimum financial incentive of $1,000 per completed health and safety topic up to a maximum of $50,000 per topic (based on your predictability 1.4% or 2% of your paid WSIB premiums)
- An Excellence program participation badge will be visible in Safety Check
- Potentially improve your firm’s WSIB rating
What You Get – we’re with you every step of the way!
- Four virtual meetings per year reviewing program requirements in detail along with presentations on topics of industry interest
- Six working sessions (one-on-ones) to support and assist members with their company topics and submissions to WSIB
- Support and assistance on selected topics from Safety Specialists
- Networking and peer support opportunities
- Phone and email support and assistance via working sessions to review company specific topics and submission preparations
- An instant health & safety network
Why the Regional Construction Group?
The Regional Construction Group has been helping companies build health and safety into their management systems since 2000 when we became one of the original sponsors of the Safety Groups program in partnership with the WSIB. We have extensive experience working with the WSIB and were involved in the consultations that developed the Excellence Program. Our supportive, personal approach has helped our members improve their health and safety performance while earning rebates to help pay for them.
- WSIB account in good standing
- Schedule 1 firm working in construction or manufacturing
- Attend one orientation session
- Maintain membership in HHCA, Toronto Construction Association or RESCON (to receive the member pricing)
The fee to participate in the Regional Construction Group (RCG) is $1050 + HST per 12-month period. This fee applies to HHCA/TCA/RESCON members only.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for non-member pricing.
Have more questions – click here to see some FAQ’s courtesy of the WSIB.
REGISTRATION IS ALWAYS OPEN