Kenneth B. Paulin

Inducted - 1997

Ken Paulin assumed full control of Canadian Engineering and Contracting Co. Limited in 1957, the year of the death of his father and company founder. In short order, with his dogged determination and vision, the company grew quite successfully. Ken was regarded in the industry as tough and fair, gaining respect from colleague contractors, employees and the gratitude of satisfied clients.

Ken Paulin was Hamilton Construction Association 1966 President and is an Honourary Life Member. He was Ontario General Contractors Association President in 1961 and 1993 recipient of the OGCA/H.D. Clohecy Award. He participated on several OGCA committees, was Chairman of the Hamilton Chapter and edited the OGCA newsletter. Ken Paulin is a past Chairman of the Ontario Federation of Construcion Associations a forerunner of COCA.

Canadian Engineering built many projects and gained a reputation for "getting the job done". This was quite evident in the ahead of schedule completion of the Civic Stadium north stands during winter months and when winter construction was a "could not be done" proposition. Other major projects include Burlington and Hamilton Golf & Country Clubs, Royal Botanical Gardens, Hamilton Traffic Centre, Salvation Army Hamilton Temple, years of work at Dofasco and Stelco.

Ken also gave freely to the community, as Past President of Kiwana's YMCA, Hamilton Tiger Cat Club, and Chairman of the Central Presbyterian Church. He was also listed in Who's Who for being a Canada Permanent Trust Advisory Board member and Past President of the Hamilton Golf & Country Club.